On a rainy Saturday evening we were hungry and wanted shelter and then we bumped into Timbre+ neat the One North MRT station in Singapore. We were wondering what this place had to offer for us. Upon entering the area, we quickly realized that it was a food-cart-ish stlye of eating, with a very hipster feel to it with music and a welcoming atmosphere. We walked around and decided to try out Two Wings’ Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken.
Not knowing what kind of fried chicken they were offering – we thought it was just normal fried chicken. However, upon placing our order the cashier asked what flavor we would like, I told him that this was the first time we were here and he suggested one of their top sellers, the Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken. After making our order we looked at the menu a bit more thoroughly and realized that they offer 3 types of flavored fried chicken:
- Salted Egg Yolk
- Chili Crab
After looking through the menu we decided we would have ordered either Chili Crab or Salted Egg Yolk anyway, so we happy with our decision.
We ordered a Buddy Meal which is recommended for 2 people. The meal includes 10 Wings & Drumlets (5 chicken wings), 2 sides of our choice – we picked Onion Rings and Coleslaw, and 2 glasses of iced lemon tea.
Everything in 70 seconds
Here’s a simple video for a quick visual walkthrough of our meal.
Two Wings’s menu
You can go to Two Wings’ website for the latest menu.
Two Wings’s Store Front
The store was pretty simple. Once you order and pay for your food, you can easily grab a seat around Timbre+, they have a wide seating area. The Two Wings gives you one of those common round buzzers so they can let you know when your food is ready.
Two Wings’ Buddy Meal
We waited around 10 minutes for our meal and took a few minutes to “feed” our cameras and Instagram stories before getting our hands on the Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken. So what do we think of our meal?
Salted Egg Yolk Fried Chicken
- We had salted egg yolk with beancurd last week ( we were definitely on a salted egg yolk high) and this was the first time we were having salted egg yolk fried chicken. The first 2 pieces tasted really nice. We slowed down after eating the next few pieces. I would suggest to order the 6 pieces ones or share the Buddy Meal with more than 2 people or more.
- We finished all the 10 pieces, didn’t want to waste the yummy food!
Sides – Onion Ring and Coleslaw
- The onion ring was fried fresh, we liked that.
- Coleslaw was alright too, a different flavor to balance out the chicken.
Ice lemon tea
- The Ice lemon tea tasted alright to, just that I though the glass was oily. There was a layer of oil on top of our ice lemon tea.
Two Wing promises that their fried chicken is less oily than the rest and we agreed. We don’t mind returning to Two Wings to try our their Chilli Crab Fried Chicken but next time we will order the 6 piece one.
Address: #01-30,, 73 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139952
Phone: 9667 0368
Monday to Thursday 6am to 12am
Friday & Saturday 6am to 1am