Malaysian Airlines’ (MH) Frequent Flyer program Enrich had a huge devaluation since June 2017. Some of the update includes:
- Flight redemption on Malaysia Airlines operated flights will no longer be based on fixed Award Miles.
- You will now enjoy greater flexibility when selecting your Award ticket, as the miles required for redemption will be tied to fares and vary according to seat availability, passenger demand and seasonality.
- You can choose to redeem either in full miles or part miles and cash for your flights.
- You will no longer pay cash for fuel surcharges for Award Tickets for applicable markets.
- Enjoy lower miles for child Award Ticket as it will be based on child fare.
- Infant Award Ticket will be available for redemption on Malaysia Airlines operated flights based on infant fares.
- Miles & Cash redemption will be available online on enrich.malaysiaairlines.com, via our Call Centre and Ticketing Offices.
Ever since then, I personally don’t have the motivation to accumulate Enrich miles anymore. Their award redemption prices have gone up as prices are now tagged with revenue ticket price. One of the reasons I redeem an award ticket is when paying outright is too expensive. If the price is low, I would be purchasing the ticket outright and save those points for the next redemption. When the price tag and the points required is high, I look for an alternative airlines. That being said, I do occasionally find some good deals with Malaysia Airlines from Singapore and transmitting at Kuala Lumpur
I realised that my previous chart was for 2015 & 2016, here is the 2017 ones, I know some of my friends still accumulate Enrich miles therefore I have decided to put the table here.
Enrich Miles Earn June 2018
Economy miles earning starts from 25% of total miles flown while Business starts from 160% and First class gets 300% of total miles flown. If you are a frequent Business and First traveller, you should be getting a significant amount of miles into your Enrich, but how much is it worth for you now? What redemption did you those miles for?
Malaysian Hospitality campaign video released in May 2018
That being said, do you still fly Malaysia Airlines? I sometimes still fly around Malaysia with them due to their flexibility and flexible flight schedule.